Art can be extremely personal but very unique in terms of gift giving. For those intrepid folks who dare, check out this article by Lisa Diamon Katz and Shira Wood for tips on how best to approach this style of gift giving.
For those who want to play it a little safer, consider different ways to "gift art"...
- Art magazines
- Art classes
- A gift certificate to a local art supply store
- Studio visits with artists
- Prepaid commissions by their favorite artist
- Gift certificates for art or prints
- Art Museum memberships
- Tickets to see a special museum show
- Donating art to a museum in their honor
Enjoy your holiday season! - R. Bangs