Commissions can be a great way to collect a piece of original art that is a best fit for your personal environment.
Here's an overview of how I typically work.
We meet, phone or email for the following:
- Getting to know each other.
- What you are looking for size and subject wise. (I can create mockups upon request if you are unsure of sizing.)
- How you want your piece to make you feel when you walk in the room with your "cuppa" in hand.
- How involved or not you want to be in the process.
If we decide to proceed, we will settle on the details:
- I send a contract with an estimate attached.
- We determine the completion date together.
- There is a 25% non-refundable deposit to secure my time and cover materials.
- Take photos of the space(s) for the expected piece(s) and/or collect colors that you resonate with personally.
During the process:
- Friday email updates from the studio (optional)
- Studio visit during the ¾ mark to confirm the design and colors are on track. (optional)
- If you requested additional input, it will be during this phase.
- Final sign off on piece via email or in person, whichever fits your situation.
- Studio pickup, free local delivery or shipment to your home.
- Final payment due in full upon pickup, local delivery or shipment.
- Receive your Certificate of Authenticity & small gift from me.
Up to 14 days after pickup or delivery:
- You may return the piece in original condition for a refund of the final payment, minus any shipping fees if applicable.
- Leave a happy review if you love the piece(s).
Please do not hesitate to call or email if you have any additional questions.
650.339.1278 | firstname.lastname@example.org